Manly Wharf Bridge to Beach
supporting Fragile X Association of Australia
Sunday 19th February 2023
Event Information for 2023 will be updated shortly, including the Entry Fees and Event Schedule.
We are hoping to be able to run the event from Blues Point Reserve, North Sydney under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, where it used to start. More information will be available closer to the event.
The 11km ocean paddle from Milson Park, Kirribilli to Manly Wharf is open to the following categories:
Please note there must be at least 5 competitors/teams to create a category. If there is less than 5 competitors/teams per category only first place will be awarded.
- Ocean Ski – includes age categories for Male and Female of 17 & Under, 21 & Under, Open, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60, Over 70
- SLSA Spec ski
- Sea Kayak
- Plastic Kayak
- Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP)
- Prone Paddleboard
- Double Ski – Male, Female, Mixed
- OC2 – Male, Female, Mixed
- Coastal Rowers Double and Quad
Age Category Information
The age category is based on your age as of the 1st January 2022. For example if you are 17 on the 1st January 2022 you can race the 17 and Under category.
All competitors are automatically entered in the Open Ski category of their discipline. For example a 45-year-old Ski Paddler enters the Over 40 Ski (40-49yrs) category, he will also be entered in the Open Ski category.
Entry Fees, Terms and Conditions
Online entries will close at 5pm on Friday 18th February 2022.
Late entries on Saturday 19th February 2022 will be taken at the Oceanpaddler warehouse 12/410 Pittwater Rd, North Manly between 12 and 2pm only – we will not take late entries after 2pm.
There will be no entries taken on race day.
Registration will be open on Saturday at Oceanpaddler warehouse betweeen 12 and 4pm as well as Sunday. See the Event timeline above.
|2022 Entry Fees||Early Bird (entry up to and including 5th February)||Standard Entry (entry from 6th to 18th Feb)||Late Entry (entry on Sat 19th Feb)|
|Double Craft & Coastal Rower Double (per craft)||$90.00||$120.00||$180.00|
|Coastal Rower Quad (per craft)||$180.00||$240.00||$360.00|
Entry Terms and Conditions
Postponement due to COVID-19 ** updated**
If the Bridge to Beach event is not able to proceed on Sunday 20th February 2022 due to ongoing restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic the event will be postponed to 2023. Entrants should take this into consideration when entering.
If the event is postponed all entries will be carried over to the 2023 event date. If you require a refund, please submit a request in writing within 2 weeks of the postponement announcement. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our normal Refund and Cancellation Policy applies to all other refund requests as outlined below.
Entry Refunds & Cancellation Policy
Entry cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the event date when a refund (less 20% administration fee) will be made. Refunds will not be given after this date. Please send requests for refunds in writing to email@example.com. If the event is canceled due to weather conditions or natural disasters where possible an alternative race course will be provided on race day or the event rescheduled.
Below is the draft event timetable. All event times are subject to change.
Saturday 19th February
12 to 4pm
Registration at Oceanpaddler Warehouse
Unit 12 / 410 Pittwater Rd North manly
Registration can be done on either Saturday or Sunday. All competitors must sign off their name and collect their timing chip at registration prior to the start of race. If you register on Saturday you will not need to line up on Sunday.
Please do not turn up before 12pm to register as we will not be ready. Late entries will only be taken from 12pm to 2pm – no later.
Sunday 20th February
Registration opens at Milson Park, Kirribilli (McDougall St). Google Map.
All competitors must sign off their name and collect their timing chip at registration prior to the start of race. If you have done this on Saturday you do not need to line up on Sunday.
|7.10am||Event Briefing at Milson Park|
|7.30am onwards||Competitors access the water in start wave order as listed below following the direction of officials.|
|from approx 8.00 am|
|8.45am||Expected first finishers at the western side of Manly Wharf|
|Following event approx 10-10.30am||Presentations at Manly Wharf|
***** Start Location – Milson Park, Kirribilli
Due to works still taking place at Blues Point, the event will start at Milson Park, Kirribilli as per the previous years. (Google Map). Registration and briefing will take place at Milson Park, Kirribilli and the race will start on the water in front of Milson Park. The event will finish at Manly Wharf.
Milson Park is surrounded by residential housing. We ask that you please keep noise to a minimum during registration.
There is limited parking so it is best to be dropped off at the start.
We will have a ‘Drop Off Zone’ on Mc Dougall street where you can be dropped off with your craft. Please ensure this is done quickly to avoid any traffic issues.
All competitors must wear a:
- Lifejacket – All competitors must wear an approved minimum Level 50 Lifejacket. Your lifejacket must be HI-VIS or brightly coloured for visibility. No black or dull colour lifejackets will be permitted. An approved Level 50S Lifejacket can only be worn with a Hi-Vis shirt over the top. Prone Paddleboard competitors only are permitted to wear an approved Level 100/150 Inflatable bum bag Lifejacket. Oceanpaddler will have these available to purchase or hire. Please contact us prior to reserve one.
Click here for a list of approved lifejackets
- Safety Leash – These are required by competitors to maintain contact with their craft, which can be particularly difficult during high winds, or if someone should fall from their craft. (Coastal rowers are exempt).
- Electronic Timing Chip – Provided at registration
- Mobile Phone – a mobile phone in a waterproof case is strongly recommended with event contacts in your phone. Event numbers will be provided at registration.
- Water – we recommend a minimum of 1L of water to be carried during the race.
- Sun protection – hat and sunscreen.
- SafeTrx Tracking App – https://coastguard.com.au/safetrx/
In any life-threatening emergency call 000.
All competitors must abide by the following event rules:
- Wear/carry the mandatory equipment as specified above.
- Register for the event either on Saturday or on the morning of the race and collect the timing chip.
- Attend the compulsory pre-race briefing held prior to the event start.
- Stop and help any other competitor/s in difficulty whilst on the course.
- Follow the event course at all times.
- Follow the direction of water safety officials at all times when on the water.
- Give way to larger vessels when on the water at all times.
- If a competitor withdraws prior to the start of mid-event they must notify the event officials either in person or by phone to be formally withdrawn from the event. Event contact numbers will be available at registration.
Water Craft Hire
If you wish to hire a craft you can try some of these local retailers.
|Oceanpaddler||02 8065 0385|
|Rushcutters Bay Paddle Sports||02 9362 1717|
|Manly Kayak Centre||1300KAYAKS (1300 529 257) or 0412 622 662|
|Sydney Harbour Kayaks||02 9969 4590|
|Pro Kayaks||02 9970 7081|
|Wind Surf’n’Snow||02 9971 0999 – SUP HIRE.|
|OzPaddle||0430 950 333 – PLASTIC BOATS. Contact Sophie|