Manly Wharf Bridge to Beach
supporting the Fragile X Association of Australia
Sunday 18th February 2024
The 11km ocean paddle from Blue Point Reserve to Manly Wharf is open to the following categories:
Please note there must be at least 5 competitors/teams to create a category. If there is less than 5 competitors/teams per category only first place will be awarded.
- Single Surf Ski – includes age categories of
- Junior Ski (15-18yrs)
- Under 23 Ski (19-23yrs)
- Open Ski (24-39yrs)
- Over 40 (40-49yrs)
- Over 50 (50-59yrs)
- Over 60 (60-69yrs)
- Over 70 (70+yrs)
- SLSA Spec Ski
- Sea Kayak
- Plastic Kayak
- Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP)
- Prone Paddleboard
- Double Ski – Male, Female, Mixed
- OC2 – Male, Female, Mixed
- Coastal Rowers Double and Quad
NOTE: All competitors entering in the Single Surf Ski Age categories are automatically entered in the Open Ski category. For example a 45-year-old Ski Paddler enters the 40-49yrs category, he will also be entered in the Open Ski category.
Age Category Information
The age category is based on your age as of the 31/12/2024. That is the age bracket you are turning in the 2024 calendar year.
Entry Fees, Terms and Conditions
Online entries will close at 12pm on Friday 16th February 2024.
Late entries on Saturday 17th February 2024 will be taken at the Oceanpaddler warehouse 12/410 Pittwater Rd, North Manly between 12 and 2pm only – we will not take late entries after 2pm.
There will be no entries taken on race day.
Registration will be open on Saturday at Oceanpaddler warehouse between 12 and 4pm as well as Sunday. See the Event timeline above.
|2024 Entry Fees
|Early Bird (entry up to and including 3rd February)
|Standard Entry (entry from 4th to 16th Feb)
|Late Entry (entry on Sat 17th Feb)
|Double Craft & Coastal Rower Double (per craft)
|Coastal Rower Quad (per craft)
Entry Terms and Conditions
Entry Refunds & Cancellation Policy
Entry cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the event date when a refund (less 20% administration fee) will be made. Refunds will not be given after this date. Please send requests for refunds in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the event is canceled due to weather conditions or natural disasters where possible an alternative race course will be provided on race day or the event rescheduled.
Below is the draft event timetable. All event times are subject to change.
Saturday 17th February
12 to 4pm
Registration at Oceanpaddler Warehouse
Unit 12 / 410 Pittwater Rd North manly
Registration can be done on either Saturday or Sunday. All competitors must sign off their name and collect their timing chip at registration prior to the start of race. If you register on Saturday you will not need to line up on Sunday.
Please do not turn up before 12pm to register as we will not be ready. Late entries will only be taken from 12pm to 2pm – no later.
Sunday 18th February
Registration opens at Start Location – Blues Point Reserve
All competitors must sign off their name and collect their timing chip at registration prior to the start of race. If you have done this on Saturday you do not need to line up on Sunday.
|Event Briefing at start location – Blues Point Reserve
|Competitors access the water in start wave order as listed below following the direction of officials.
|from approx 7.45 am
Start – Start waves will be provided at race briefing
|Expected first finishers at the western side of Manly Wharf
|Following event approx 10.00am
|Presentations at Manly Wharf
All competitors must wear a:
- Lifejacket – All competitors must wear an approved minimum Level 50 Lifejacket. Your lifejacket must be HI-VIS or brightly coloured for visibility. No black or dull colour lifejackets will be permitted. An approved Level 50S Lifejacket can only be worn with a Hi-Vis shirt over the top. Prone Paddleboard competitors only are permitted to wear an approved Level 100/150 Inflatable bum bag Lifejacket. Oceanpaddler will have these available to purchase or hire. Please contact us prior to reserve one. Click here for a list of approved lifejackets
- Safety Leash – These are required by competitors to maintain contact with their craft, which can be particularly difficult during high winds, or if someone should fall from their craft. (Coastal rowers are exempt).
- Electronic Timing Chip – Provided at registration
- Mobile Phone – a mobile phone in a waterproof case is strongly recommended with event contacts in your phone. Event numbers will be provided at registration.
- PLB – Personal Locator Beacon
- Water – we recommend a minimum of 1L of water to be carried during the race.
- Sun protection – hat and sunscreen.
- SafeTrx Tracking App – https://coastguard.com.au/safetrx/
In any life-threatening emergency call 000.
All competitors must abide by the following event rules:
- Wear/carry the mandatory equipment as specified above.
- Register for the event either on Saturday or on the morning of the race and collect the timing chip.
- Attend the compulsory pre-race briefing held prior to the event start.
- Stop and help any other competitor/s in difficulty whilst on the course.
- Follow the event course at all times.
- Follow the direction of water safety officials at all times when on the water.
- Give way to larger vessels when on the water at all times.
- If a competitor withdraws prior to the start of mid-event they must notify the event officials either in person or by phone to be formally withdrawn from the event. Event contact numbers will be available at registration.
If you wish to hire a craft please contact Oceanpaddler on 0422 554 965 or email@example.com
Donations to Fragile X in 2023
For the tenth year running, Shaw and Partners Financial Services has generously committed to match, dollar for dollar, donations made to the Manly Wharf Bridge to Beach event, raising much needed funding for Fragile X Association of Australia*.
If we as a paddling community can raise over $10,000, Shaw and Partners will match this with another $10,000. This means that for every $1 that you donate, you are in fact, effectively donating $2 and your donation is tax deductible.
This will help fund the specialist family support service offered to Fragile X families across Australia.
Help us reach our target of $20,000 for Fragile X!
Participants can donate to Fragile X when entering online.
*Donations will be matched to a cap of $10,000