GROUP TRAINING SESSIONS
Oceanpaddler runs group training sessions each week all designed to improve your ocean paddling skills and fitness.
- ipaddle Oceanpaddler Training Sessions – Monday and Friday mornings 5.30am Clontarf for the intermediate to experienced paddlers
- Paddle Club Manly Sessions – Sunday and midweek sessions from Manly for the beginner to intermediate paddler. Click here for more info and to book.
- Paddle Club Shark Net Wednesday Session– Wednesday afternoons 5.30pm Fishermans Beach, Collaroy during Summer only. Caters for all levels. Click here to book
More information on each session is outlined below.
ipaddle Training Sessions – Monday and Friday mornings at CLONTARF
ipaddle Squad is our regular training squad that paddles every Monday and Friday at Middle Harbour. Paddling in a group environment is not only more enjoyable but greatly assists in improving your speed and skills. Our training methodology is very practical, easy to follow and designed to work for all levels of paddlers.
ipaddle CLUB’S key focus areas are:
- Paddle fitness
- Improving technique
- Improving ocean surf skills
- Improving race times
When: Every Monday and Friday morning 5.30am
Where: Clontarf Beach @ 5.30am or Balmoral Beach @ 5.45am. If you live on the north of Spit Bridge then meet us at Clontarf, if you live on the south then it is easier to go from Balmoral. The Clontarf group paddles over to Balmoral where we commence the session. See below maps for details.
Requirements: All paddlers must wear a lifejacket and white lights front and back on craft or paddler when dark.
- Casual: $20
- Monthly: $105 includes 2 sessions per week or $65 for 1 session per week
- 3 Monthly: $265 includes 2 sessions per week or $165 for 1 session per week
ACC #: 1735767
Acc Name: Oceanpaddler
Paddle Club at Manly – Monday, Wednesday and Sunday mornings
Perfect for the beginner to intermediate paddler.
Ski Hire Available.
Paddle Club Shark Net Wednesday
This session is a perfect way to fine tune our surf skills as we target specific ocean ski and surf ski races over the summer. The session will consist of catching and surfing the open ocean chop and swell. This session is catered for the paddlers that can get in and out off the beach looking for some extra down wind tuition.
Every Wednesday afternoon at 5.30pm at Fishermans Beach, Collaroy during day light saving.
Clontarf and Balmoral Maps
Turn into carpark at Clontarf reserve off Sandy Bay Road. We meet in the carpark near Clonny’s Restaurant.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
East end of Balmoral Beach, near Sailing Club at Balmoral Park. Paddlers paddle out to the HMAS Penguin Base wharf to meet the group from Clontarf.
Paddling Map – Know your Harbour
The below map outlines specific locations and points that we reference in training. Please become familiar with these landmarks to assist with navigating in the training session.
Safe Paddling Resources
Safe paddling is our number one concern. Please take some time to review the below documents and safety videos.
- Paddle Safety on Sydney Harbour – NSW Maritime Resource
- Steer Clear Flyer – Sydney Ports and NSW Maritime Resource
Further information can be found at Transport for NSW Marine Management.
Sydney Harbour & Middle Harbour Maps
Know your harbour and the key landmarks and buoys. These maps will show you everything you need to know.