*SUPS and Prones will start on the Ocean side of Barrenjoey Headland, more information at the briefing.
- Start One – 1pm – OC1 (All Genders) and single female paddlers (Station Beach) SUPs and Prone (Palm Beach)
- Start Two – 1:10pm – Male paddlers and any other singles
- Start Three – 1:15pm – Doubles
There are pay and display car parks at Start and Finish of the Race, it will get busy though, so either arrive early or arrange to be dropped off.
More details on locations and parking – Locations and Parking Details
Ian Roberts from Nordic Kayaks is offering transport from the Finish to the Start. He will have a mini bus and trailer for 20 ski’s contact Ian for a booking, be quick!
The following safety measures will be implemented for the Shaw and Partners 20 Beaches Ocean Classic (note that upon registration on-line, participants are directed to the safety tips page at the 20 Beaches website (https://20beaches.com.au/safety). This page provides a comprehensive overview of personal safety measures relevant to a race such as the 20 Beaches).
All participants will be required to utilise the following equipment as a condition of entry:
- A Level 50S (or greater) PFD (as described in greater detail on the website);
- A pea-less safety whistle;
- A leg leash or equivalent attaching the participant to their craft.
- In addition, participants will be encouraged to:
- Carry a mobile phone (in a suitable waterproof casing);
- Download and register for the SafeTrx mobile phone app (described below);
- Have their mobile phone number in clearly visible writing on their craft (to aid making contact if the craft is found unaccompanied);
- To ring the race director (Mark Kehoe – 0407 900 538) or nearby SLSC upon landing on-shore if they abandon the race before finishing;
- Check the condition and operation of the rudder assembly of their ski (disabled rudders are a frequent cause of abandonment of a race); and
- Consider utilising other items in the range of available safety devices listed on the 20 Beaches website.
- Make sure you attend and pay attention at the race briefing!
This year for the Shaw and Partners 20 Beaches Ocean Classic (similar to The Doctor) we have implemented GPS tracking using the Coast Guard SafeTrx App. The app runs on your mobile device.
Full details, download links and instructions on how to set up SafeTrx and use for The 20 Beaches event can be found here.
We will also run through how to use SafeTrx at the mandatory race briefing.
On race day live tracking will be available at this link.
You will also be able to watch a replay after the race.
If you have any questions, send us an email or see us at registration.
Prizes and Competitors
We have a prize pool of $75,000, plus other prizes, thanks to our sponsors. We have an awesome list of competitors including top international paddlers as well as plenty of local talent. Check out the list here – 20 Beaches Competitors
Couple of things to note.
- To receive any prize money you must attend the Post Race Function at The Bavarian.
- All prize money to be distributed as advertised as long as the category has a minimum of 5 participants.
Post Race Presentation Party
Post Race Presentation Party will kick off at 6pm. With presentations starting sometime before 7pm. Free beer and burger included with everyone’s registration. Happy Hour is from 6pm-7pm with all drinks free for competitors. Competitors are encouraged to bring guests to this event.
Facebook event – https://www.facebook.com/events/570662856733578/
Parking for the Post Race Presentation – With a ski on the car we would recommend on street parking, Manly has a number of car parks, some can fit a car and ski. Here is a link for the car parks and height restrictions – Manly Car Parks
See you at registration.
20 Beaches Foundation