Palm to Pines Final Event Information
An event of the Anytime Fitness & Shaw Partners AORS & World Surfski Series
Unfortunately the winds are fickle for the race this weekend. Coming from light South Winds through to North East Winds during the afternoon. Rather than risk a headwind race which we at Oceanpaddler despise, we are opting for one of our contingency course’s in the instance of light winds.
We believe that Oceanpaddling is about Ocean Paddling and taking advantage of the best possible conditions, course and geography to enable the Ocean Paddler to test their ability.
We are fortunate that we have a location such as Long Reef that enables us to utilize a range of ocean conditions. The softer waves around the Makaha area will make for some excellent surf conditions. Skis and OCs will go through this area four times SUPs and Prones twice.
Saturday 9th December from www.bom.gov.au
- Weather Update
- Min 18
- Max 24
- Partly cloudy.
- Possible rainfall: 0 mm
- Chance of any rain: 0%
Partly cloudy. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming tending east to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h in the afternoon.
Ski & OC1 Course
Due to un-favourable downwind conditions we have opted for a four lap course to take advantage of wave and swell action around Long Reef.
So this means start and finish at Fishermans Beach Collaroy.
The course for Skis and OCs will be approximately 18k.
SUP & Prone Course
See above regarding forecast.
The SUP and Prone course will consist of of two laps to take advantage of waves and swell action around Makaha and Whiterock.
The total distance will be approximately 9k.
12 – 1pm – Registrations at Fishermans Beach, Collaroy
*** Registrations are also open at Oceanpaddler Shop 6/410 Pittwater Rd Nth Manly from 12 to 5pm today (Friday). Get in early to avoid lines tomorrow.
1.15pm – Race Briefing at Fishermans Beach, Collaroy
1.30pm – Race Start at Fishermans Beach, Collaroy. There will be four starts from the beach in the following order.
- Women’s Ski and OC1 Men and Women
- Mens’s Ski
- Double Skis
- SUPS and Prones
Following Race – Presentations at Fishermans Beach.
All competitors must wear/carry the mandatory equipment:
- All Surf Ski, SUP and OC1 competitors must wear an approved minimum Level 50 Lifejacket. Your lifejacket must be HI-VIS or brightly coloured for visibility. No black or dull colour lifejackets will be permitted. An approved Level 50S Lifejacket can only be worn with a Hi-Vis shirt over the top. No inflatable bum bag style lifejackets are permitted for Ski, SUP and OC1 paddlers.
- Prone Paddleboard competitors only are permitted to wear an approved Level 100/150 Inflatable bum bag Lifejacket. Oceanpaddler will have these available to purchase or hire. Please contact us prior.
- Hi-Vis Clothing – All paddlers must wear a piece of HI-VIS clothing – this can be a HI-VIS lifejacket or hat. For Prone paddleboarders this could be a HI-VIS shirt. A HI-VIS AORS hat will be provided at registrations.
- Safety Leash – All competitors must be attached to their craft via a safety leash.
- Timing Chip – All competitors must wear the electronic timing chip on their ankle (right or left ankle). This will be provided at registration.
All competitors must abide by the following event rules:
- Wear/carry the mandatory equipment as specified above.
- Register for the event either on Friday afternoon or on the morning of the race and collect your timing chip.
- Attend the pre-race briefing held prior to the event start.
- Stop and help any other competitor/s in difficulty whilst on the course.
- Follow the event course at all times.
- Follow the direction of water safety officials at all times when on the water.
- Give way to larger vessels when on the water at all times.
- If a competitor withdraws mid-event they must notify the event officials either in person or by phone to be formally withdrawn from the event. Event contact numbers will be available at registration.
If you withdraw mid-race or after you have collected your timing chip and registered you must call the event contact number to be withdrawn from the race.
Event contact number – 0414 45 46 48
Act for Kids Charity
Thank you to all those that generously donated to the charity Act for Kids.
Act for Kids is an Australian charity working tirelessly to prevent and treat child abuse and neglect. They provide professional therapy and support services to children and young people who have experienced child abuse or neglect, and early support for families at risk. Act for Kids has helped thousands of children and families since it was established in 1988.
We would like to thank all the sponsor for their continued support of the series:
- Anytime Fitness
- Shaw & Partners
- Epic Kayaks
- Rushcutters Bay Paddle Sports
- Airbrake Systems
- BluEye Eyewear
- Anchor Building
- Best Practice Certification
Good luck to all competitors.