IMPORTANT COMPETITOR INFORMATION
Please take the time to read this important information regarding event day.
***** The event number for race day is 0434 952 346. We strongly advise that you take your mobile phone with this number in it.
*****Make sure your leash is adequate for the predicted wind strength.
***** The new start location is at Milson Park, Kirribilli. See details below.
Forecast for 8am Sunday morning is winds from the SSE up to around 20 knots with a main south-east swell around 2.5 to 3m. At this stage, this is still within our parameters to run the event as per the usual course.
Please watch out for further updates. If conditions deteriorate we may have to look at changing to our contingency course which will be an out and back from Manly Cove.
******If you are not a confident ocean paddler and cannot remount your ski easily we seriously advise that you reconsider starting this race as the forecast will create very difficult conditions between Middle Head and Dobroyd Head.
- Registrations will take place on both Saturday (today) at Oceanpaddler and Sunday at Milson Park Blues Point Reserve as outlined below. You only need to register once on either Saturday or Sunday. By registering on Saturday you will avoid the crowds and will not have to line up on Sunday.
- 11.00 – 4.00pm on Saturday Oceanpaddler – Unit 12, 410 Pittwater Rd, North Manly.
- 6.00 – 7.00am on Sunday at Milson Park, Kirribilli – the start location. Registrations will close at 7 am. Please don’t be late.
- *** IMPORTANT SAFETY MESSAGE – If you register on Saturday then decide not to race on Sunday morning you must TEXT the event number 0434 952 346 to be withdrawn from the event. This is extremely important so we know exactly who is on the water racing.
- Registrations will close at 7am. Please don’t be late.
NEW STAT LOCATION – MILSON PARK, KIRRIBILLI
The start of the race and registration will take place at Milson Park, Kirribilli. Google map.
Milson Park is surrounded by residential housing. We ask that you please keep noise to a minimum during registration.
There is limited parking so it is best to be dropped off at the start.
There will be a ‘Drop Off Zone‘ on Mc Dougall street where you can be dropped off with your craft. Please ensure this is done quickly to avoid any traffic issues.
The Flying Bear Cafe at Milson Park will be open from 6.30am to grab a coffee prior to the race.
RACE BRIEFING – 7.15am
- Compulsory race briefing for all competitors will be at Milson Park at 7.15am.
- Please ensure you listen to the final instructions.
- Registrations will close at 7am prior to the race briefing.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
- All competitors must wear an approved minimum Level 50 Lifejacket. Your lifejacket must be HI-VIS or brightly coloured for visibility. No black or dull colour lifejackets will be permitted. An approved Level 50S Lifejacket can only be worn with a Hi-Vis shirt over the top.
- Prone Paddleboard competitors only are permitted to wear an approved Level 100/150 Inflatable bum bag Lifejacket.
- Safety Leash – These are required by competitors to maintain contact with their craft, which can be particularly difficult during high winds, or if someone should fall from their craft. (Coastal rowers and sea kayaks are exempt).
- Electronic Timing Chip – Provided at registration
- Mobile Phone highly recommended – In case you pull out and need to call the race officials to be withdrawn from the event (call the event number 0434 952 346)
EVENT START TIMES
There will be three (3) start waves starting from 7.50am. This may vary so please listen at the race briefing. Please ensure you know what start wave you are in.
- Wave 1 – 7.50am: SUPs, Prone Paddleboards, Plastic craft and Coastal Rowers
- Wave 2 – 7.55am: Women Ski, OC1 (all genders) and Sea Kayaks (all genders)
- Wave 3 – 8.00am: Men Single Skis & Doubles all
CUT OFF TIMES
- 9.00am – Cutoff time at Bradleys Head (approx 3kms from Start)
- 10.00am – Cutoff time at Middle Head (approx 3.5kms from Bradleys Head 6.5kms from Start)
Competitors will be called out to the start line in wave order. Please listen to the direction of staff.
Do not break the start or you will be disqualified. If you do not think you are a top contender please do not position yourself on the front line.
If you do not make these cut off times you will be asked to go ashore at the nearest safe location. We strongly advise that you take your mobile phone so you can call us to advise you have withdrawn and to call your support person to collect you.