The Doctor 2020 CancelledJuly 27, 2020
Shaw and Partners AORSSeptember 2, 2020
Ettalong Paddling Camp – Girls Long Weekend Away
Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th October 2020.
A 3-day paddling getaway camp just for the ladies. We know how much we love a girls long weekend!
Coffee, relaxing, a beautiful location and most of all amazing paddling. Does that sound like your ideal weekend?
Join the team at Oceanpaddler for a 3 day paddling getaway at Ettalong Beach on the Central Coast. Our goal is to help you develop your skills, confidence and experience in the ocean along with learning the technical aspects to make you a faster paddler. The camp is only open to the ladies and all levels are welcome. We will have some double skis available and you will have the opportunity to paddle with the coaches.
We at Oceanpaddler believe that while many of us paddle, there is very little focus on some of the fundamentals of oceanpaddling. There is a large number of weapons in the ocean paddling armoury, that can be used in a variety of conditions. The paddling is just one part of mastering the sport.
Friday 18th Sept
- 11am – Meet at Ettalong Beach for a lesson/ training session on ocean paddling skills and technique. Learn how to correctly remount your ski in the ocean and the fundamentals of ocean paddling.
- PM – Ocean skills session in and around Ettalong Beach and Little Box Head. There is generally some nice easy runners to be caught.
Saturday 19th Sept
- AM – We will conducting a tough ocean paddling session. The idea is to use whatever wind is present and if calm we will use the long breaking waves at Box Head. This session will be designed to make you think about training, operating in a dynamic environment and learning how and where to position your craft in the moving water.
- PM – This will be more of a fun session at Box Head. In this session, the focus will be on going in and out of small breaking waves.
Sunday 20th Sept
- AM – Technique and training session. This session is a pure technique session focussing on using the paddle efficiently in flat water whilst also doing a training session.
Dean Gardiner – 9 times Molokai Champion and downwind specialist.
Yanda Morison – Dual Olympic Kayak Paddler and technique specialist.
Special guest Jemma Smith (current Australian Ocean Racing Champion and 2nd in the Colloangatta gold 2019), will be joining us for a few sessions.
$280 per person
You will need to bring your own ski, paddle, lifejacket and safety leash. We can also supply hire skis if needed.
The trip cost does not include accommodation or meals. Where possible we will find suitable lunch and dinner locations.
For accommodation, we recommend Mantra Ettalong.
Please email Oceanpaddler – firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please feel free to call Yanda on 0414 454648 or drop us an email.