Ningaloo Dreaming 2017
Location: Ningaloo Reef, Exmouth, Western Australia
Dates: Saturday 29th April to Saturday 6th May 2017
Western Australia boasts some of the World’s most pristine coastline. A natural wonderland of breathtaking coral reefs, rugged cliffs and untouched islands. A variety of sea life inhabit the waters from the cold waters of the South to the tropical waters of the North.
First discovered in the 1600s by Dutchman Dirk Hartog the coast remained virtually untouched for 150 years until it was settled by the English.
Known for its afternoon sea breezes, steep red cliffs and long white sandy beaches the West Australian coastline is a true natural wonder.
The Indian Ocean producers big ocean swell which has been generated from thousands of kilometers away making ideal surfing conditions.
Ningaloo Dreaming 2017 will be based in one location. The trip will take 7 nights. The paddling will take place both in and outside of the reef and both on the ocean and gulf side of the peninsular, depending on conditions with an emphasis on downwind paddling.
Along the way while taking in the sights, you will be trained by Dean Gardiner and Reece Baker and learn the secrets of downwind mastery.
Everyday you will wake up with the days activities planned to allow for the prevailing conditions. While you are not being challenged by the perfect downwind conditions you will get your chance to dive, surf or just explore this unique coastline.
The plan will be to take advantage of calm conditions for surfing and diving and the downwind conditions for paddling. The trip is planned to help develop your downwind skills while enjoying what the WA coast has to offer. When not being taken outside of your comfort zone you can kick back and do as much or as little as you want.
The sessions will be designed to test you in conditions that you may never encounter with three very experienced ocean athletes.
Dean Gardiner – Dean is considered to have a more laid back approach to the sport. In fact to just about everything in life. While very competitive Dean approaches events with a casual manner but makes the most out of the prevailing conditions. Dean grew up in this region and worked as a fisherman on various vessels throughout the North West. His knowledge of the area is second to none and invaluable for this journey.
Reece Baker – For Reece attention to detail is everything. Reece is an Olympic level kayak paddler very accomplished ski paddler and commercial level diver. For those that have not met Reece he is a smart, articulate professional who gets things done and with Dean makes a perfect balance for this type of trip.
Accommodation & Trip Details
Your experience of this wild and adventurous region will be land based and will feature four levels of accommodation to choose from.
- Whole Cabin: for those that want privacy or wish to bring their own family (we welcome family members and partners although we will have to charge for meals etc.) Please contact us about this.
- Shared Cabin 3 or more people: for those that simply want a roof over their head. You will be sharing with 3 or more (up to 5) people.
- Shared Cabin 2 people only: For those that may want to partner up with a paddling buddy and have a little bit more space!
- Camping: for those that want a less expensive option and love the outdoors.
- 7 nights accommodation
- Camping gear – tents, mats for those that camp
- All paddling craft
- All food and drinks
- Beer and wine (don’t expect Grange)
- All craft, PFD’s, leashes and flares
- Transport to and from Exmouth Airport to both start and from finish locations
- Safety boat
- Sleeping bag or blanket, pillow if required for those camping
- Your paddle
- Hydration bladder for paddling
- Paddling clothing taking into account sun and long periods in the water, sunscreen, hats
- Paddling footwear – such as booties helpful for getting in and out of the skis on rocky edges
- Warm clothes as it can get cold at night.
- A sense of adventure
- Your cooking skills (everyone will be required to assist in the food preparation at some point)
- Airfares to and from Exmouth
Shared Cabin 3 or more people: $2,750
Shared Cabin 2 people: $3,100
Own Cabin: $3,550
Additional partners / family: For those that wish to bring their family members or partners there will be an additional charge of $35 per person per day for food and alcohol beverages.
To book in on this once in a lifetime opportunity please email or phone Yanda at Oceanpaddler. Email: email@example.com PH: 02 8065 0385
A $500 deposit is required to confirm your spot (non-refundable).
The balance of payment will be required 12 weeks prior to the trip.
The paddling activities will commence on Saturday 29th April in the afternoon. You can fly into Exmouth on either Friday or Saturday. If you are traveling from Sydney or the east coast you will need to fly into Perth on Friday and either get the connecting flight through to Exmouth on Friday or stay in Perth on Friday night and get the Saturday flight to Exmouth. If you arrive in Exmouth on Friday we can organise a nights accommodation (additional cost) that is relatively inexpensive.
The trip will finish on Saturday morning the 6th of May. You can fly out of Exmouth on Saturday or after if you wish to extend your stay.
Qantas is the only airline that flys in and out of Exmouth.
Please feel free to either call or email us if you have any questions regarding the trip.
Dean – firstname.lastname@example.org 0427 171 403
Yanda – email@example.com 0414 454 648