Safe Trx Tracking
SafeTrx Group Activity Code for the Doctor 2022 is DOCTOR22
With safety for our competitors our number one concern, this year we will again be implementing the Coast Guard SafeTrx App for The Doctor for all competitors to use.
You can watch the SafeTrx 2019 Doctor replay here https://flotilla.safetrxapp.com/events/op/doctor2019
The use of SafeTrx by our competitors is an integral part of our safety plan. It is mandatory that all competitors carry a mobile phone or a Distress beacon (EPIRB or PLB) in the race (as outlined in the Rules and Equipment). If using a mobile phone you must use the SafeTrx tracking app.
SafeTrx is a Smartphone App for both Android & Apple iOS devices that allows you to have your journey recorded and monitored if needed by the Australian Volunteer Coast Guard. Competitors will carry their personal mobile phone in a waterproof pouch during the race using the SafeTrx app Flotilla event function.
SafeTrx will allow the event organiser and spectators to track competitors live GPS location during the event via the web.
Start using SafeTrx Now in Training!
Download the SafeTrx app, register an account and become familiar with how the app works during training. For paddling, we recommend using the TRACK ONLY mode and sharing it with a friend or family member before you head out for a paddle. “Track Only” trips still record your trip on the handset (and to your trip history on the boaters website) and allows you to review and replay it later. Unlike “sail plan” trips, no ETA is provided and Coast Guard do not monitor your trip.
Instructions & Downloads for The Doctor
Step by step instructions for the 2022 event. Click here.
SafeTrx Group Activity Code for race day is DOCTOR22
Tracking Link on Race Day
Available on the SafeTrx website here https://coastguard.com.au/safetrx
Available through your online account here https://safetrx.coastguard.com.au/
Advantages of using SafeTrx
- Using SafeTrx may save your life!
- Safety officials can track your position in real time during the race knowing where you are at all times.
- If you get into trouble you can activate the Call for Help button which enables you to call 000 or Aust Coast Guard – your exact GPS location will be available to them so the safety vessels can come to your aid
- Competitors can watch a replay of the event and see step by step how they raced against other paddlers and compare the lines they took against the winners
- Spectators can watch The Doctor in real time – let your friends and family know so they can watch you race.
- Share your trip with your friends or family who will be at the finish line so they can see when you are due to finish the race
If you have any questions please contact Oceanpaddler