Shaw and Partners
North Bondi Surf Ski Classic
22nd October 2022
$10,000 PRIZE MONEY
Enter for your chance to win $500 CASH!
$500 Cash Lucky Draw to one male and one female competitor.
(To be eligible for the $500 cash lucky draw you must be present at presentation that will take place after the race).
The Shaw and Partners North Bondi Surf Ski Classic will see a world class field racing to Australia’s most famous stretch of sand. Organisers will do everything they can to try and make this event favourable to paddlers by offering two possible start locations. After the race the post race festivities will be hosted by North Bondi Surf Club.
The event raises money for our Charity Partner Gotcha4Life Foundation.
The event will have two start options. Distances are approximately 11-13km.
SW, S, SE Winds – The race will start at Malabar and finish at North Bondi.
W, NW, N, NE, E Winds – The Race will start at Watsons Bay and finish at North Bondi.
In the case of big surf conditions, we will have a course in Sydney Harbour. The contingency course will be used if wind or/and swell exceed our event parameters or if conditions on the beach at North Bondi are deemed to be too dangerous.
Full course maps can be seen here.
Event Times & Details
6.00am to 7.30am – Event Registration at North Bondi SLSC (regardless of final course the regos will take place at the surf club)
7.45am – Race Briefing at race start location
The race will finish at North Bondi Surf Club (small run finish).
Presentations will take place after the event at North Bondi Surf Club approximately 40 minutes after the last competitor.
Please check final event information which will be emailed and posted on our website and facebook for final event day times.
Up to the 31st July 2022
1st August to 14th October 2022
15th to 21st October 2022
|Under 17 & 21yrs Individuals||$50||$65||$80|
|All other individuals||$70||$95||$125|
Online entries close at 12pm Friday 21st October. There are no late entries taken on race day.
Entry Refunds & Cancellations
Entry cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the event date when a refund (less 20% administration fee) will be made. Refunds will not be given after this date. Please send requests for refunds in writing to email@example.com. If the event has to be cancelled due to weather conditions or natural disasters or any other reason so deemed by the organisers, the event will be rescheduled where possible and no refunds will be issued.
The AORS Categories will be used and AORS points will be awarded. Click here for full list.
Category note: For prizes and awards there must be at least 5 entries in the category. Where there are less than 5 entries then those competitors will be moved to the next most relevant category.
- All Surf ski, SUP, OC1 competitors must wear an approved Level 50 Lifejacket or greater (hi-vis preferred & recommended). An approved Level 50S Lifejacket can only be worn with a hi-vis shirt over the top. No black or dull colour lifejackets will be permitted. No inflatable bum bag style lifejackets are permitted except for prone paddleboard competitors
- Prone paddleboard competitors only are permitted to wear and approved Level 100 Inflatable bum bag lifejackets. Oceanpaddler will have these available to purchase or hire. Please contact us prior.
- Prone paddleboard competitors must wear a hi-vis shirt.
- All competitors must wear a Safety Leg Leash – a leash that attaches the paddler to the craft
- All competitors must wear the electronic timing chip provided at registration
- It is recommended to wear hi-vis hat / clothing
- It is recommended to carry a mobile phone in a water proof bag
- It is recommended to carry water for the race
A list of approved lifejackets can be found here.
Scrutineering of compulsory equipment may take place at registration on race morning. Please ensure you have the correct equipment
All competitors must abide by the following race rules:
- Wear / carry the mandatory equipment as outlined above
- Register for the event on the morning of the race and collect the timing chip
- Attend the pre-race briefing prior to the start
- Stop and help any other competitor/s in difficulty whilst on the course
- Follow the event course at all times
- Follow the direction of water safety officials at all times
- If a competitor withdraws mid-event they must notify the event officials either in person or by phone to be formally withdrawn from the event. Official contact numbers will be available at registration