Online entries will be open closer to the event.
Please read below information before entering.
NEW ONLINE ENTRY PLATFORM
Please note that we have changed from Register Now to Race Roster Online entry platform, so it will look a little different to the previous online entry forms.
SINGLE SURF SKI AGE CATEGORIES
For Single Surf ski age categories please ensure that you select your age category based on your age as of the 31st December 2023. For example if you are 49 now but turning 50 in November this year you are eligible to race in the Over 50 (50-59yrs) category.
RULES AND EQUIPMENT
Please ensure you are familiar with the equipment requirements prior to entering online. Scrutineering of mandatory equipment will take place in Forster at registration / check-in.
Early Bird entry prices up to and including 31st March 2023. For entry prices click here.
Please ensure you are familiar with the equipment requirements as outlined below.
Scrutineering of compulsory equipment will take place at registration on race morning. Please ensure you have the correct equipment
- All Lifejackets must be an approved Australian Standard AS 4758 or International Standard ISO 12402 Lifejacket.
- All surf ski, outrigger, plastic and sea kayak paddlers must wear an approved minimum Level 50 / Level 50S Lifejacket. Your lifejacket must be Hi-Vis or a Hi-Vis top is to be worn over the top of the lifejacket. No bum bag inflatable lifejackets are permitted.
- Prone paddleboard paddlers only are permitted to wear an approved Lifejacket Level 100/150 bum bag inflatable lifejacket. A Hi-Vis top must be worn.
- Safety Leash – All competitors must be attached to their craft via a safety leash.
- Flare – All competitors must have at least one current or unexpired orange smoke flare attached to their craft/person. The flare should be easily accessible when on the water. Ensure you are familiar with how to use a flare. Flares can be purchased from Marine supply stores. NOTE: If carrying a PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) then the flare is not required.
- Mobile Phone (using SafeTrx App) or VHF Radio or PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) – All competitors are required to take one of these with them during the race. If using a mobile phone the SafeTrx Event tracking app is required and the event channel will be given to those using VHF Marine Radios. Click here for race day instructions for SafeTrx Tracking App. PLB is highly recommended for all ocean paddling events and can be purchased here.
- Whistle – All competitors are required to have a pealess whistle attached to their Lifejacket.
- Timing Chip – All competitors must wear the electronic timing chip on their ankle (right or left ankle). This will be provided at registration.