Leechy & Deano’s Noosa Paddle Camp 2019
Location: Noosa, QLD
Dates: Monday 10th to Friday 14th June 2019
Experience a magnificent week of ocean paddling in Noosa on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast. Enjoy a winter escape to a warmer climate!
Situated just 35 minutes drive from Sunshine Coast airport, Noosa is surrounded by stunning beaches, lakes and the lush hinterland of Noosa National Park. Most importantly, a beautiful coastline for ocean paddling and the Noosa River for exploring and perfecting your paddling technique.
The trip will take in the sights of Noosa and the surrounding Sunshine Coast and include 5 days of different paddling adventures.
Noosa offers a relaxed holiday environment with an abundance of restaurants and cafes. Whilst not on the water paddling you can enjoy a walk around Noosa National Park or sit back and relax at the cafes.
Non-paddling partners are welcomed and encouraged to come along for the trip.
For those travelling from interstate and need to arrange flights, you will need to fly into Sunshine Coast on or before Monday 10th June and fly out of Sunshine Coast Airport on or after Friday 14th June.
Below is a rough guide of the itinerary, which will be dependent on wind and weather conditions.
Monday 10th June
- Arrive at Noosa
- Noosa Surf Club – paddle the points of Noosa around Hells Gates into Alex Bay & return – 12km
Tuesday 11th June
- Downwinder Coolum to Noosa Heads (22km)
Wednesday 12th June
- Paddle the Noosa River – lunch at the halfway point & back (18km)
Thursday 13th June
- Mooloolaba Paddle Trip
Friday 14th June
- North Shore paddle
- Trip concludes
- Fly out of Sunshine Coast (if flying)
Cost: $1400 per person
The trip includes:
- An amazing week of paddling in Noosa and surrounding locations
- Expertise downwind, technical and training advice/coaching
- Transport of your own craft to Noosa and return to Sydney. The trailer can pick up skis on the way from Sydney to Noosa if you live north of Sydney. You can also hire a ski if required.
- Use of double ocean surf skis
- Storage of your surf ski at Noosa Surf Club
- Transport to various paddling locations
- An experience with two of the most experienced ocean athletes in the country, Guy Leech and Dean Gardiner
*** Please note flights and accommodation are not included and you are responsible for booking these. See below information for accommodation options.
There are good deals on Hasting St (beach access to Main Beach). Our skis will be stored at Noosa Surf Club which is only a short walk away from the accommodation. Below is a list of accommodation options however you can choose to stay wherever you like.
- Mantra French Quarter
- The Sebel Noosa
- Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
- On The Beach – Noosa Resort
- The Emerald
Bookings & More Information
To place a booking or for further information please email or phone Oceanpaddler.
- Oceanpaddler Email: email@example.com Ph: 0422 554 965
- Dean Gardiner Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: 0427 171 403