Charles Stewart Memorial Cup
An event of the Shaw and Partners Australian Ocean Racing Series.
Saturday 15th September 2018
Charles Stewart paddling at Ningaloo Reef during one of the Oceanpaddlers Expeditions.
The event will take place at Fishermans Beach, Collaroy. There will be both a Long Course 16km and SUP/ Paddleboard/ Short Course 8km.
The proposed courses are outlined below. The final course will be dependent on wind and weather conditions on the day. We will advise this prior to the event. Please check this website and Facebook for updates on the morning of the event.
Westerly and Light Southerly winds
- Long Course – Start at Fishermans to Manly Beach and return to Fishermans
- SUP/Paddleboard/Short Course – Start at Fishermans to South Dee Why and return to Fishermans
Strong Southerly Winds
- Long Course – Start at Fishermans to Makaha to Narrabeen and return to Fishermans x 2 laps
- Short Course – Start at Fishermans to Makaha to Narrabeen and return to Fishermans
Northerly based winds
- Long Course – Start at Fishermans to Newport Reef and return to Fishermans
- SUP/Paddleboard/Short Course – Start at Mona Vale Basin and finish Fishermans
Click here for Course Maps
The AORS Categories will be used for the Long Course and AORS points will be awarded.
Individuals Male and Female
- Ski Open
- Ski Under 19
- Ski Over 40
- Ski Over 50
- Ski Over 60 (male only)
- SLSA Spec Ski’s
- Male Double
- Female Double
- Mixed Double
SUP / Paddleboard / Short Course
The AORS SUP and Prone Paddleboard categories will be used and AORS points will be awarded.
- SUP Male and Female Open
- Prone Paddleboard Male and Female
- Ski, OC1 and all other craft (not eligible for AORS points)
Category note: For prizes and awards there must be at least 5 entries in the category. Where there are less than 5 entries then those competitors will be moved to the next most relevant category.
The registration, briefing, start and finish of the race will all take place at Fishermans Beach, Long Reef.
- 8.30am – Registration opens
- 9.30am – Registration closes
- 9.45am – Briefing
- 10.00am – Race start
Presentations will take place after the event at Fishermans Beach.
- All Surf ski, SUP, OC1 competitors must wear an approved Level 50 Lifejacket or greater (hi-vis preferred & recommended). An approved Level 50S Lifejacket can only be worn with a hi-vis shirt over the top. No black or dull colour lifejackets will be permitted. No inflatable bum bag style lifejackets are permitted except for prone paddleboard competitors
- Prone paddleboard competitors only are permitted to wear and approved Level 100 Inflatable bum bag lifejackets. Oceanpaddler will have these available to purchase or hire. Please contact us prior.
- Prone paddleboard competitors must wear a hi-vis shirt.
- All competitors must wear a Safety Leg Leash – a leash that attaches the paddler to the craft
- All competitors must wear the electronic timing chip provided at registration
- It is recommended to wear hi-vis hat / clothing
- It is recommended to carry a mobile phone in a water proof bag
- It is recommended to carry water for the race
A list of approved lifejackets can be found here.
Scrutineering of compulsory equipment may take place at registration on race morning. Please ensure you have the correct equipment
All competitors must abide by the following race rules:
- Wear / carry the mandatory equipment as outlined above (‘The Chucky’ event)
- Register for the event on the morning of the race and collect the timing chip
- Attend the pre-race briefing prior to the start
- Stop and help any other competitor/s in difficulty whilst on the course
- Follow the event course at all times
- Follow the direction of water safety officials at all times
- If a competitor withdraws mid-event they must notify the event officials either in person or by phone to be formally withdrawn from the event. Official contact numbers will be available at registration
- $60 Singles (online)
- $30 Under 19 Singles (online)
- $80 Doubles (online)
Late Entries fees incur an additional $20 for on the day entry.
Entry Refunds & Cancellations
Entry cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the event date when a refund (less 20% administration fee) will be made. Refunds will not be given after this date. Please send requests for refunds in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the event has to be cancelled due to weather conditions or natural disasters or any other reason so deemed by the organisers, the event will be rescheduled where possible and no refunds will be issued.