Manly Wharf Bridge to Beach
Sunday 25th February 2018
The 11km ocean paddle from Blues Point Reserve, North Sydney to Manly is open to the following categories:
Please note there must be at least 5 competitors to create a category. If there is less than 5 competitors only first place will be awarded.
- Ocean Ski – includes age categories of Open, Under 19, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60 Male, Over 70 Male
- SLSA Spec ski
- Sea Kayak
- Plastic Kayak
- Double Ski / Kayak – All male, all female and mixed
- Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) – including age categories of Open, Over 40, Over 50 Male, SUP 14ft Male
- Prone Paddleboard – including age categories of Open and Over 40 Male
- Outrigger Canoes – OC1, OC2, OC3 and OC6
- Coastal Rowers Individuals
- Coastal Rowers Team (double, quad)
|2018 Entry Fees||Early Bird (entry up to and including 4th Feb)||Standard Entry (entry from 5th to 24th Feb)||Late Entry (entry on race day)|
|Singles (all categories and craft)||$65.00||$75.00||$100.00|
|Doubles & OC2s (per craft)||$90.00||$110.00||$160.00|
|OC3 (per craft)||$135.00||$165.00||$215.00|
|OC6 (per craft)||$270.00||$330.00||$380.00|
|Coastal Rowers Double (per craft)||$90.00||$110.00||$160.00|
|Coastal Rowers Quad (per craft)||$180.00||$220.00||$270.00|
Entry Refunds & Cancellation Policy
Entry cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the event date when a refund (less 20% administration fee) will be made. Refunds will not be given after this date. Please send requests for refunds in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the event has to be cancelled due to weather conditions or natural disasters or any other reason so deemed by the organisers, the event will not be rescheduled and no refunds will be issued. Where possible an alternative race course will be provided on race day.
All event times are subject to change. Final details will be emailed to registered competitors prior to the race.
All paddlers must register for the event to collect their timing chip. Paddlers can register on either Saturday 24th February or on race day Sunday 25th February as per details below:
- Saturday 24th February at Oceanpaddler Shop located at 410 Pittwater Rd, North Manly, between 12 and 5pm
- Sunday 25th February at Blues Point Reserve, North Sydney (race start location) from 6am
**Important Note: If you register on Saturday then decided not to race on Sunday you must notify Oceanpaddler via mobile phone (0414 454648).
Race Day Schedule
Please note that race start times are approximate only. Time may be slightly altered due to Maritime NSW shipping schedule.
Registration opens at Blues Point Park, North Sydney. All competitors must sign off their name and collect their timing chip at registration prior to the start of race. If you have done this on Saturday you do not need to line up on Sunday.
|7.00am||Event Briefing (compulsory)|
|7.15am onwards||Competitors make their way to Lavander Bay ready to be called out to the start line. All competitors must remain in Lavender Bay until called to the start. Competitors will be called out to the start line to correspond with the START WAVES as listed below. Any competitors outside of Lavender bay prior to being called out for their designated start will be disqualified from the event.|
|from approx 7.30am||Start Waves
|8.45am||Expected first finishers at the western side of Manly Wharf|
|Following event approx 10.30am||Presentations for all categories at the Bavarian Bier Cafe|
All competitors must wear:
- All competitors must wear an approved minimum Level 50 Lifejacket. Your lifejacket must be HI-VIS or brightly coloured for visibility. No black or dull colour lifejackets will be permitted. An approved Level 50S Lifejacket can only be worn with a Hi-Vis shirt over the top.
- Prone Paddleboard competitors only are permitted to wear an approved Level 100/150 Inflatable bum bag Lifejacket. Oceanpaddler will have these available to purchase or hire. Please contact us prior to reserve one.
- Click here for a list of approved lifejackets
- Safety Leash – These are required by competitors to maintain contact with their craft, which can be particularly difficult during high winds, or if someone should fall from their craft. (Coastal rowers are exempt).
- Electronic Timing Chip – Provided at registration
- Mobile Phone – a mobile phone in a waterproof case is strongly recommended with event contacts in your phone. Event numbers will be provided at registration.
- Water – we recommend a minimum of 1L of water to be carried during the race.
- Sun protection – hat and sunscreen.
- Road ID App – we recommend using the Road ID App with a mobile phone in a waterproof case. The app allows you to select contacts (friends and family) that can track you in real time during the race. In addition, there is a stationary alert function which will SMS or email your notify contacts if you remain stationary for more than 5 minutes. Ensure you test the app in training and become familiar with its use. The app is free and available on both Apple Store and Google Play. https://www.roadid.com/pages/road-id-app
In any life-threatening emergency call 000.
All competitors must abide by the following event rules:
- Wear/carry the mandatory equipment as specified above.
- Register for the event either on Saturday or on the morning of the race and collect the timing chip.
- Attend the compulsory pre-race briefing held prior to the event start.
- Stop and help any other competitor/s in difficulty whilst on the course.
- Follow the event course at all times.
- Follow the direction of water safety officials at all times when on the water.
- Give way to larger vessels when on the water at all times.
- If a competitor withdraws prior to the start of mid-event they must notify the event officials either in person or by phone to be formally withdrawn from the event. Event contact numbers will be available at registration.
Water Craft Hire
If you wish to hire a craft you can try some of these local retailers.
|Oceanpaddler||02 8065 0385|
|Rushcutters Bay Paddle Sports||02 9362 1717|
|Manly Kayak Centre||1300KAYAKS (1300 529 257) or 0412 622 662|
|Sydney Harbour Kayaks||02 9969 4590|
|Pro Kayaks||02 9970 7081|
|Paddlecraft at Bayview||02 9997 8015|
|Wind Surf’n’Snow||02 9971 0999 – SUP HIRE.|
|OzPaddle||0430 950 333 – PLASTIC BOATS. Contact Sophie|