Manly Wharf Bridge to Beach sponsored by Investec
Sunday 23rd February 2020
***** Start Location – Milson Park, Kirribilli – Same as the 2019 Event.
Due to works still taking place at Blues Point, the event will start at Milson Park, Kirribilli as per the 2019 event. (Google Map). Registration and briefing will take place at Milson Park, Kirribilli and the race will start on the water in front of Milson Park. The event will finish at Manly Wharf as per previous years.
Milson Park is surrounded by residential housing. We ask that you please keep noise to a minimum during registration.
There is limited parking so it is best to be dropped off at the start.
We will have a ‘Drop Off Zone’ on Mc Dougall street where you can be dropped off with your craft. Please ensure this is done quickly to avoid any traffic issues.
The 11km ocean paddle from Milson Park, Kirribilli to Manly Wharf is open to the following categories:
Please note there must be at least 5 competitors to create a category. If there is less than 5 competitors only first place will be awarded.
- Ocean Ski – includes age categories for men and women of Open, Under 19, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60, Over 70 (Male only)
- SLSA Spec ski
- Sea Kayak
- Plastic Kayak
- Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP)
- Prone Paddleboard
- Double Craft – All male, all female and mixed
|2020 Entry Fees||Early Bird (entry up to and including 2nd Feb)||Standard Entry (entry from 3rd to 21st Feb)||Late Entry (entry on 22nd and 23rd Feb)|
|Doubles Craft (per craft)||$90.00||$120.00||$180.00|
Entry Refunds & Cancellation Policy
Entry cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the event date when a refund (less 20% administration fee) will be made. Refunds will not be given after this date. Please send requests for refunds in writing to email@example.com. If the event has to be cancelled due to weather conditions or natural disasters or any other reason so deemed by the organisers, the event will not be rescheduled and no refunds will be issued. Where possible an alternative race course will be provided on race day.
All event times are subject to change. Final details will be emailed to registered competitors prior to the race.
All paddlers must register for the event to collect their timing chip. Paddlers can register on either Saturday 22nd February or on race day Sunday 23rd February as per details below:
- Saturday 22nd February between 12 and 4pm at Oceanpaddler Warehouse located at Unit 12, 410 Pittwater Rd, North Manly.
- Sunday 23rd February from 6am at Milson Park, Kirribilli (race start location)
**Important Note: If you register on Saturday then decided not to race on Sunday you must notify Oceanpaddler via mobile phone (0414 454648).
Proposed Race Day Schedule – subject to change
Please note that race start times are approximate only. Time may be slightly altered due to Maritime NSW shipping schedule.
Registration opens at Milson Park, Kirribilli (McDougall St) – Note the new start location. Google Map.
All competitors must sign off their name and collect their timing chip at registration prior to the start of race. If you have done this on Saturday you do not need to line up on Sunday.
|7.15am||Event Briefing at Milson Park (compulsory)|
|7.30am onwards||Competitors access the water in start wave order as listed below following the direction of officials.|
|from approx 7.50am||Start Waves
|8.45am||Expected first finishers at the western side of Manly Wharf|
|Following event approx 10.30am||Presentations for all categories at the Bavarian Bier Cafe|
All competitors must wear:
- All competitors must wear an approved minimum Level 50 Lifejacket. Your lifejacket must be HI-VIS or brightly coloured for visibility. No black or dull colour lifejackets will be permitted. An approved Level 50S Lifejacket can only be worn with a Hi-Vis shirt over the top.
- Prone Paddleboard competitors only are permitted to wear an approved Level 100/150 Inflatable bum bag Lifejacket. Oceanpaddler will have these available to purchase or hire. Please contact us prior to reserve one.
- Click here for a list of approved lifejackets
- Safety Leash – These are required by competitors to maintain contact with their craft, which can be particularly difficult during high winds, or if someone should fall from their craft. (Coastal rowers are exempt).
- Electronic Timing Chip – Provided at registration
- Mobile Phone – a mobile phone in a waterproof case is strongly recommended with event contacts in your phone. Event numbers will be provided at registration.
- Water – we recommend a minimum of 1L of water to be carried during the race.
- Sun protection – hat and sunscreen.
- SafeTrx Tracking App – https://coastguard.com.au/safetrx/
In any life-threatening emergency call 000.
All competitors must abide by the following event rules:
- Wear/carry the mandatory equipment as specified above.
- Register for the event either on Saturday or on the morning of the race and collect the timing chip.
- Attend the compulsory pre-race briefing held prior to the event start.
- Stop and help any other competitor/s in difficulty whilst on the course.
- Follow the event course at all times.
- Follow the direction of water safety officials at all times when on the water.
- Give way to larger vessels when on the water at all times.
- If a competitor withdraws prior to the start of mid-event they must notify the event officials either in person or by phone to be formally withdrawn from the event. Event contact numbers will be available at registration.
Water Craft Hire
If you wish to hire a craft you can try some of these local retailers.
|Oceanpaddler||02 8065 0385|
|Rushcutters Bay Paddle Sports||02 9362 1717|
|Manly Kayak Centre||1300KAYAKS (1300 529 257) or 0412 622 662|
|Sydney Harbour Kayaks||02 9969 4590|
|Pro Kayaks||02 9970 7081|
|Paddlecraft at Bayview||02 9997 8015|
|Wind Surf’n’Snow||02 9971 0999 – SUP HIRE.|
|OzPaddle||0430 950 333 – PLASTIC BOATS. Contact Sophie|