Manly Wharf Bridge to Beach sponsored by Investec
Sunday 28th February 2021
Further information will be provided on the event closer to the date.
Online entries plan to open 2 weeks prior to the event.
Draft Event Timetable
Below is a draft timetable. All event times are subject to change.
Registration opens at Milson Park, Kirribilli (McDougall St). Google Map.
All competitors must sign off their name and collect their timing chip at registration prior to the start of race. If you have done this on Saturday you do not need to line up on Sunday.
Registration will also be available on Saturday at Oceanpaddler as per previous years.
|7.15am||Event Briefing at Milson Park – This will likely be via email to comply with Covid restrictions. More info will be provided|
|7.30am onwards||Competitors access the water in start wave order as listed below following the direction of officials.|
|from approx 7.50am||
|8.45am||Expected first finishers at the western side of Manly Wharf|
|Following event approx 10.30am||Presentations|
***** Start Location – Milson Park, Kirribilli
Due to works still taking place at Blues Point, the event will start at Milson Park, Kirribilli as per the previous two years. (Google Map). Registration and briefing will take place at Milson Park, Kirribilli and the race will start on the water in front of Milson Park. The event will finish at Manly Wharf.
Milson Park is surrounded by residential housing. We ask that you please keep noise to a minimum during registration.
There is limited parking so it is best to be dropped off at the start.
We will have a ‘Drop Off Zone’ on Mc Dougall street where you can be dropped off with your craft. Please ensure this is done quickly to avoid any traffic issues.
The 11km ocean paddle from Milson Park, Kirribilli to Manly Wharf is open to the following categories:
Please note there must be at least 5 competitors/teams to create a category. If there is less than 5 competitors/teams per category only first place will be awarded.
- Ocean Ski – includes age categories for men and women of Open, Under 19, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60, Over 70
- SLSA Spec ski
- Sea Kayak
- Plastic Kayak
- Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP)
- Prone Paddleboard
- Double Ski – Male, Female, Mixed
- OC2 – Male, Female, Mixed
- Coastal Rowers Double and Quad
Online entries will open 2 weeks prior to the event. There will be no entries taken on race day.
Online entries will close at 5pm on Friday 26th Feb. We may take entries on Saturday 27th Feb at the Oceanpaddler warehouse. This will be confirmed closer to the date.
|2021 Entry Fees||Early Bird (entry up to and including 20th Feb)||Standard Entry (entry from 21st to 26th Feb)||Late Entry (entry on Sat 27th Feb)|
|Doubles Craft (per craft)||$90.00||$120.00||$180.00|
Entry Terms and Conditions
Postponement due to COVID-19
If the Bridge to Beach event is not able to proceed on Sunday 28th Feb 2021 due to ongoing restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic the event will be postponed to 2022. Entrants should take this into consideration when entering.
If the event is postponed all existing entrants will have their entry automatically transferred to the 2022 event date. Our normal refund policy (refunds available up to two weeks out from the 2021 or 2022 date minus the 20% admin fee) will apply.
Entry Refunds & Cancellation Policy
Entry cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the event date when a refund (less 20% administration fee) will be made. Refunds will not be given after this date. Please send requests for refunds in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the event has to be cancelled due to weather conditions or natural disasters where possible an alternative race course will be provided on race day or event rescheduled.
All competitors must wear:
- All competitors must wear an approved minimum Level 50 Lifejacket. Your lifejacket must be HI-VIS or brightly coloured for visibility. No black or dull colour lifejackets will be permitted. An approved Level 50S Lifejacket can only be worn with a Hi-Vis shirt over the top.
- Prone Paddleboard competitors only are permitted to wear an approved Level 100/150 Inflatable bum bag Lifejacket. Oceanpaddler will have these available to purchase or hire. Please contact us prior to reserve one.
- Click here for a list of approved lifejackets
- Safety Leash – These are required by competitors to maintain contact with their craft, which can be particularly difficult during high winds, or if someone should fall from their craft. (Coastal rowers are exempt).
- Electronic Timing Chip – Provided at registration
- Mobile Phone – a mobile phone in a waterproof case is strongly recommended with event contacts in your phone. Event numbers will be provided at registration.
- Water – we recommend a minimum of 1L of water to be carried during the race.
- Sun protection – hat and sunscreen.
- SafeTrx Tracking App – https://coastguard.com.au/safetrx/
In any life-threatening emergency call 000.
All competitors must abide by the following event rules:
- Wear/carry the mandatory equipment as specified above.
- Register for the event either on Saturday or on the morning of the race and collect the timing chip.
- Attend the compulsory pre-race briefing held prior to the event start.
- Stop and help any other competitor/s in difficulty whilst on the course.
- Follow the event course at all times.
- Follow the direction of water safety officials at all times when on the water.
- Give way to larger vessels when on the water at all times.
- If a competitor withdraws prior to the start of mid-event they must notify the event officials either in person or by phone to be formally withdrawn from the event. Event contact numbers will be available at registration.
Water Craft Hire
If you wish to hire a craft you can try some of these local retailers.
|Oceanpaddler||02 8065 0385|
|Rushcutters Bay Paddle Sports||02 9362 1717|
|Manly Kayak Centre||1300KAYAKS (1300 529 257) or 0412 622 662|
|Sydney Harbour Kayaks||02 9969 4590|
|Pro Kayaks||02 9970 7081|
|Paddlecraft at Bayview||02 9997 8015|
|Wind Surf’n’Snow||02 9971 0999 – SUP HIRE.|
|OzPaddle||0430 950 333 – PLASTIC BOATS. Contact Sophie|