Rules and Equipment
All competitors must abide by the following rules:
- All surf skis , outrigger, plastic and sea kayak paddlers must wear a Lifejacket Level 50 (formally known as type 2). A Lifejacket Level 50S (formally known as Type 3) will only be permitted with a Hi-Vis shirt over the top. No black or dull colour lifejackets will be permitted. No bum bag inflatable lifejackets are permitted.
- SUP and Prone Paddleboard paddlers only are permitted to wear Lifejacket Level 100 (formally known as Type 1) bum bag inflatable lifejackets.
- All paddlers must wear a piece of HI-VIS clothing – this can be a HI-VIS Lifejacket or Hat.
- All paddlers must be attached to their craft via a safety leash.
- All paddlers must have at least one current or unexpired flare attached to their craft/person.
- A mobile phone is strongly recommended with event contacts in your phone (Dean 0427 171 403 / Yanda 0414 454 648).
- All paddlers must attend the pre-event briefing held immediately prior to race start.
- All paddlers must assist other competitors in difficulty.
- Any competitors with private escort boats must be operated by registered certified skippers. NOTE: We are required by water way authorities to notify them of all private escort boats. Please email or phone us with the boat name and type, and name and phone number of the skipper.
There will be equipment scrutineering at registration on Friday and on Rottnest Island. Any competitor that does not abide by the above rules and equipment requirements will be automatically disqualified.