Manly Wharf Bridge to Beach
Final details for the 2018 event will be updated soon.
Event Categories 2017
The 11km ocean paddle from Blues Point Reserve, North Sydney to Manly is open to the following categories for both male and females:
Please note there must be at least 5 competitors to create a category. If there is less than 5 competitors only first place will be awarded.
- Ocean Ski – includes age categories of Open, Under 19, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60, Over 70
- SLSA Spec ski
- Sea Kayak
- Plastic Kayak
- Double Ski / Kayak
- Mixed Double Ski / Kayak
- Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) – Unlimited, 14′ and Over 40 Men
- Prone Paddleboard
- Outrigger Canoes – Oc1, OC2, Oc3 and Oc6
- Coastal Rowers Individuals
- Coastal Rowers Team (double, quad)
Entry Fees 2017
|2017 Entry Fees||Early Bird (entry up to and including 5th Feb)||Standard Entry (entry from 6th to 25th Feb)||Late Entry (entry on race day)|
|Singles (all categories and craft)||$65.00||$75.00||$100.00|
|Doubles & Oc2s (per craft)||$90.00||$110.00||$160.00|
|Oc3 (per craft)||$135.00||$165.00||$215.00|
|Oc6 (per craft)||$270.00||$330.00||$380.00|
|Coastal Rowers Double (per craft)||$90.00||$110.00||$160.00|
|Coastal Rowers Quad (per craft)||$180.00||$220.00||$270.00|
Entry Refunds & Cancellation Policy
Entry cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the event date when a refund (less 20% administration fee) will be made. Refunds will not be given after this date. Please send requests for refunds in writing to email@example.com. If the event has to be cancelled due to weather conditions or natural disasters or any other reason so deemed by the organisers, the event will not be rescheduled and no refunds will be issued. Where possible an alternative race course will be provided on race day.
All event times are subject to change. Final details and start waves will be updated closer to the event.
Registration opens at Blues Point Park, North Sydney.
|7.00am||Event Briefing (compulsory)|
|8.45am||Expected first finishers at the western side of Manly Wharf|
Safety Rules and Equipment
All competitors must wear:
- PFD Lifejacket Level 50 or 50S (previously known as Type 2 or 3). No bum bag style inflatable lifejackets are permitted except for Prone Paddleboard competitors. All Prone paddlers must wear a lifejacket – the bum bag inflatable lifejacket is permitted only for these competitors.
- Safety Leash – These are required by competitors to maintain contact with their craft, which can be particularly difficult during high winds, or if someone should fall from their craft. (Coastal rowers are exempt).
- Electronic Timing Chip provided at registration
- Mobile Phone recommended with event contact numbers (Dean 0427 171 403 and Yanda 0414 45 46 48)
Please visit your closest paddling retail outlet if you wish to purchase these safety items.
Water Craft Hire
If you wish to hire a craft you can try some of these local retailers.
|Oceanpaddler||02 8065 0385|
|Manly Kayak Centre||1300KAYAKS (1300 529 257) or 0412 622 662|
|Sydney Harbour Kayaks||02 9969 4590|
|Pro Kayaks||02 9970 7081|
|Paddlecraft at Bayview||02 9997 8015|
|Wind Surf’n’Snow||02 9971 0999 – SUP HIRE.|
|OzPaddle||0430 950 333 – PLASTIC BOATS. Contact Sophie|